About Scottish Ai Playbook
Scotland’s AI Strategy launched on 22 March 2021 with the vision for Scotland to become a world leader in the development and use of trustworthy, ethical and inclusive AI. By achieving this vision, AI will be enabled to contribute to making Scotland fairer, greener, more prosperous and outward looking.
The Strategy committed to the development of the Scottish AI Playbook, an open and practical guide to how we do AI in Scotland. It introduces our vision, our principles and the practices we will adopt to realise our vision. It will become a shared and living asset embodying Scotland’s AI Strategy ethos of openness, transparency and collaboration.
Through the Scottish AI Alliance, everyone will have opportunities to contribute, develop their AI skills and receive the support they need.
Phase 1April-July 2022
- This phase sees the development of the full Scottish AI Playbook site.
- We continue to encourage users to submit resources to the launch site in order to populate the collaborative platform ahead of its launch.
- Alongside of this, the Scottish AI Alliance has developed a plan for stakeholder and user engagement in order to give more information and details about the Scottish AI Playbook ahead of its full launch.
- This phase is scheduled to be completed by the end of July 2022.
Phase 2July-December 2022
- This phase will see the launch of the collaborative Scottish AI Playbook site.
- The Scottish AI Alliance will continue its programme of stakeholder and user engagement to ensure that Scottish AI Playbook users are informed and engaged on how to use the Scottish AI Playbook.
- This phase will see the collaborative building, development and growth of the Scottish AI Playbook.
Phase 3January- June 2023
- During phase 3, the Scottish AI Alliance will review the contributions to the Scottish AI Playbook and carry out a gap analysis.
- From this gap analysis, new necessary assets will be developed.
- We will continue our programme of stakeholder and user engagement.
- We will also look to update the Scottish AI Playbook site as required and carry out necessary maintenance.